Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

They say you don't know what you have till you lose it, truth is we do but we never thought we'd lose them.

Huh jah...kust ma alustan...

Võtsin vahepeal aja täitsa maha. Üsna raske oli. Aga juhtus nii, et Lateksit ei ole enam. See suur lapsesilmadega mõmmi on nüüd taevastel karjamaadel.
12.03.2003 - 24.07.2012
Mulle jäävad sellest hobusest unustamatud mälestused.

Sel künkal algas imeline laas,
veel vastu taevasina sünk ja paljas,
kuid hiirekõrvus rohi oli maas
nii imevärske ja nii imehaljas.
Sel künkal algas imeline laas …

Me tundsime, kuis puude süda lõi
ja kuulsime, kuis mullast võrsus rohi.
Puud hüüdsid hääletult: ei või! ei või!
ja haljas rohi sosistas: ei tohi …
Me tundsime, kuis puude süda lõi.

Kas tõesti nüüd saab tõde muinasloost,
et sellest laanest tagasi ei tulda?
Me läksime ja oksad läksid koost
ja niiskes õhus lõhnas sooja mulda.
Kas tõesti nüüd saab tõde muinasloost?

Ehk küll me ümber kivist linn on taas,
me kõnnime, kui kõnniks me legendis:
nüüd õites on me imeline laas,
kuid kõik ta õied õitsevad meis endis,  
ehk küll me ümber kivist linn on taas 


6 comments:

  1. Hello Liis! I'm from Finland and I know Laavas, Coconuts, Kaliifs and Artemis' brother Laser. I was interested of his life before coming to the stable where he lives now, so I googled his sisters and brothers and found your blog! I also found some old videos of you and Laser, so I'd like to know, do you have any memories of him? If you want, we can keep contact perhaps on email later?

    Best wishes: Nita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nita =)
      I remember Laser well. He was not one of my main horses to ride but I did some competitions with him yes. I rode more with his two borthers Lateks and Artemis (and later also Kaliif and Laava).
      He was a big horse. A bit of a challange at the beginning to ride but fun and he was cool in the head in the competitions.

      Delete
  2. Yes, that sounds like Laser, he is sometimes challenging because of his size, but I like him a lot. He is very easy to ride, because even he is big, he is very sensible and light to hand:)
    -Nita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved his size. Since I am tall myself I had no problems with him.
      How is he in spring time? I remember he used to had this little habit that when spring got closer he sometimes went wild in the trainings. Like leaping in air in the middle of canter or just playing around =)
      He was not always light to the hand. It took some time to teach him to carry himself. But when he finally did he was really, really good always. And I really liked his jumping. Although it was when i was still learning a lot so for me he was one of those horses who taught me how to jump =)

      Delete
    2. He doesn't go wild when we train dressage, but if someone with a little too hard hand for him jumps him, then he might be too speedy:) And he loves to play with his good friend Reidas (he is big, massive Lithuanian carthorse) and they together get wild in spring! They run aroud their fence and do weird jumps and break each others halters while ripping them:)
      I like Lasers jump too, he has taught me a lot of being very light handed and calm in between the jumps, but still when the time of jump is, then going with him to the jump almost exaggerated:)
      -Nita

      Delete
    3. Haha =) He seems to have a really happy and nice life there.
      If you wish my facebook name is Liis Laas (and mail liis.laas001@gmail.com). I should have a picture of me and Laser jumping there also. And I can find some older photos. Even as Laser as a foal I think =)

      Delete